View Single Post

Old 03-15-2017, 03:45 PM

Liked 113 Times in 74 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inusuit View Post
I carry every day. I consider situational awareness my first line of defense. I do not go to stupid places occupied by stupid people at stupid times. I have no delusions about being the hero who stops a shooter whether at the the theater or the local stop and rob store. Being armed gives me an option in any situation. My first option is to be a good witness and get out of Dodge if I can. But if I cannot move myself, my family, my friends to safety, I have the option of engaging the shooter instead of begging for my life.

I carry because my safety and the safety of my family is my responsibility. I work and socialize with law enforcement. I have great respect for the work they do. But as one of my cop friends says in jest, "We are basically garbage men. We arrive after the action and clean up the mess."
Couldn't have said it any better.
someone tried to break into our house 2 summers ago at 1:30 AM while we were home. The alarm went off and it took 10 minutes for the cops to show after the phone call was made.
I could run to the station faster than that.
My wife was terrified (at the time she was very anti)
after the police left she looked at me and said "OK I get it , go get you permit and something for the house"
fast forward to last month, she just got her permit
funny how one life experience can change so many things.
The Following 8 Users Like Post: