Thread: 617 .22 lr
View Single Post

Old 03-15-2017, 06:52 PM

Liked 215 Times in 99 Posts

I know the disappointment you are feeling. If you look back at my old posts you will see I bought a new 617. That is some serious coin for most of us. After saving and sacrificing You have high hopes for what should be the finest 22 revolver available.

When I took mine to the range i could not get my sight to POA. With all the adjustment I was still hitting way high and way left. While cleaning I noticed the barrel was badly canted.

I returned it to SW. I was feeling kind of like you do now. I even went and bought a Ruger GP100 22. (not that I regret it it is a fine revolver too).

Less than 3 weeks later I had my 617 back. They straightened the barrel and replaced my rear sight. Even returned my original. All at no cost to me.

I took it to the range and it shot one centered ragged hole with out having to adjust. And I can,t prove it but I swear they smoothed the action and trigger somehow.

It a shame some make it out with problems but give them a chance to make it right. Mine is now one of my favorites and will pass it on someday.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: