View Single Post

Old 03-15-2017, 10:06 PM

Liked 597 Times in 332 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpris View Post
Maybe I should re-phrase:
Why would you want an audible re-set?
Denis
Well since you have managed to ask the question in three different phrases I owe you an answer

I primarily shoot revolvers and have owned a standard S&W 1911. I have been searching for a striker of hammer fired 45 semi. I am spoiled on triggers that don't have take up, creep and overtravel so I am a bit of a trigger snoob you might say.

In handling every new Smith, Sig, Beretta, CZ, Ruger pistol I have not only 'heard' but felt a positive re-set. No I don't need to hear one for any particular shooting reason but in evaluating a used gun I found it odd to not hear it and was uncertain about the feel during the travel back to the reset. So my concern in not 'hearing' the reset was essentially a mere question in whether this was an indication of a trigger modification or pending issue that may hinder proper function.

There are certain 'sounds' and inputs from working triggers that can be tell tale signs of good or bad, so without having enough experience in how modified triggers feel or sound I asked the question..................Now do you have any feedback for me?
Karl

Last edited by ontargetagain; 03-15-2017 at 10:11 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: