View Single Post

Old 03-15-2017, 11:10 PM

Liked 600 Times in 317 Posts

I had a horrible experience with a Taurus 24/7 .45 acp. I shot it regularly (at least once a month) for the first year I owned it. By the end of the year I started having problems making it inconsistent enough that I didn't trust it to guard my life. Failure to eject, lite strikes, stove pipes and all other kinds of problems. After searching the forums and trying everything that any other owner with similar issues had tried, I decided to send it in, and take them up on their limited lifetime warranty. They estimated it would be 4 weeks, but since I lived in Miami, and they are in Miami, I didn't think much of it. (Long story short, it wasn't 4 weeks)
After waiting over 10 months for them to replace it, they sent back a replacement. What's worse is that they had sent the replacement to my LGS without any of the information they supposedly attached to all replacements.
The replacement had horrible fit and finish. I was very disappointed with the Gen 2 as they termed it. The grips felt cheap, the plastic seemed brittle, and looked like they had forgotten to trim, or finish anything once they had popped it out of the molds. In addition to that, the safety tab trigger felt like it was going to snap before it fired.

In contrast, my dad picked up a Taurus 66 last year, and has had absolutely no problems with it. It's a great shooting gun, but I still prefer the 686s. Hope you have good luck with yours!
John 14:6, Luke 21:11
The Following User Likes This Post: