Thread: 617 .22 lr
View Single Post

Old 03-16-2017, 04:26 AM
US Veteran

Liked 1,840 Times in 587 Posts
Default Good and bad news

My 617 is just 6 weeks old. Accurate and in one range session I ran 400rds of Federal aotomatch and Winchester M22 without any feeding or ejection problems BUT my new gun has a timing issue. On about half the chambers the cylinder stop is not locking the cylinder. it's so close that if I twist my wrist It will lock. Wishful thinking had me hope it would "break in" but it has 1200rds through it and has to go back. I can accept that, hope they make it right.

Here is the bad part. I used the email option for customer service. Told them the issue, serial number, model#, my email, my ph#, my name, address. I got an auto reply that said they would get back to me in 3-5 days. Well, 3 days later they did! I got an email from them asking me for the "issue, serial number, model#, my email, my ph#, my name, address"and they'll get back in 3 days. I don't think my first mail was even read and I'll call them later. Oddly, the gun shoots well with no other issues, runs fairly clean, no leading, binding and it's accurate but I clean it meticulously and it's going back.

Anyway, call 'em. Don't email 'em
Welcome to the forum.