Thread: 617 .22 lr
View Single Post

Old 03-16-2017, 10:02 AM
Banned

Liked 4,324 Times in 1,793 Posts

So...misfires and stuck cartridges are common "problems" with all .22 revolvers, and when you switch to CCI, it doesn't do that anymore. That's not a gun issue, that's an ammunition issue.

How many times did the trigger "jam", did it continue to do that with the CCI, and what precisely does that mean? Did the trigger stick to the rear after firing, did it hang up after cocking, or did it refuse to move to the rear in double-action?

Declaring it a "piece of junk" after 50 rounds...you know, you're right. Better send it to me.

Quote:
Fortunately, money is not the problem with me it is the amount they charged for a .22. It is like paying for a piece of prime cut beef and it comes out tough.
What're the 617 going for? $700?

I have well over $1000 in my .22 auto. The 617 is probably just as accurate, with a trigger that's almost as good.

Model 41s are up to about $1200. Nobody who has one would ever suggest they aren't worth it. They can be finicky buggers, too. But hey--don't buy a racecar and fill the tank with pump gas. And compared to the guns that the 41 competes against, it's not very choosy at all.

I'd say the 617 is a steal. It's a scant $60 more than the GP-100 .22, and built the same way as S&W's centerfires--no cheaped-out frames, aluminum, or plastic.