View Single Post

Old 03-16-2017, 04:25 PM

Liked 5,572 Times in 1,319 Posts
Default Krumble Ball 22 Gallery Cartridges

Went by my main LGS in Macon today. Nothing in Smiths or Colts. That's been the case a lot lately, and he averages one show a week. He had cleaned out his office. Hated to see that since it was full of neat stuff. . .a real museum. There was this table near the back stacked with things he hadn't decided on yet. He has a huge major personal collection. He let me buy this full box of Peters Krumble Ball 22 Shorts for $40 OTD. I was pretty happy since I've only seen one other big box this old in my life and it was over $100. The ammo dates 1934 according to my research. Maybe a year or two later. 83 years old give or take! I get it home and sleeve the box with acid-free board. Then, I refill the box and sleeve it with Mylar. My preservation techniques insure everything will survive another century or much more. Kept some rounds out to shoot in my house gun. Told my wife she probably wouldn't hear anything since 22 rimfire ammo approaching 100 years old doesn't have a reputation for still being shootable. Amazing! Shot a bunch of them without the first failure to fire. Uniform loud reports with ignition on first strike every time. Now I'm starting to worry about all you guys posting FTF statistics using "new" 22 rimfire ammunition. . .seen a lot of that on this forum lately. My statistics from this experiment is FTF equals 0%.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 22 Krumble Ball.jpg (153.5 KB, 119 views)

Last edited by DocB; 03-16-2017 at 04:26 PM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: