View Single Post

Old 03-17-2017, 09:51 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 3,089 Times in 895 Posts
Default NILL 41 Grips? QUESTIONS - Bought Some

I am still attempting to get some feedback from those who have tried the NILL Grips. NOT the Pure target grips but more the Sporter ones with or without the thumbrest.

For my 1973 vintage Mod 41 ( 5.5" Heavy). Currently has the Stock checkered grips which are in perfect condition.

I am looking at the NILL grips - SW11J ( Ambidextrious - no Thumbrest) and the SW11G ( Right hand Thumbrest). Any input or user review on either of these. I am leaning toward the Thumbrest ones BUT hopefully will get a chance to hold each before buying.

Also; I see that these now are the SW11J8 or SW11G8 grips with what is called Rhomlas checkering instead of the stippling. I rather liked the older stippled ones and they look better to me in the photos ( The checkering pattern looks small on the Rhomlas ones - especially the LH grip on the ones with the thumbrest. For those who have actually used them do you prefer Stippled or Checkered - This may be a moot point as the no longer appear to be available with stippling

I am NOT interested in Herrett's, Hogue's or Altomont's I am looking at NILL only - The only other replacement I'd consider would be a set of the S&W Stock Smooth grips of the same vintage as the pistol (early 70's)

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Nill Thumbrest Left.jpg (66.4 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg Nill Thumbrest Right.jpg (67.6 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg Nill Sport left.jpg (63.8 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg Nill Sport right.jpg (67.9 KB, 60 views)

Last edited by sceva; 04-11-2017 at 01:49 PM.