View Single Post

Old 03-17-2017, 03:27 PM

Liked 5,570 Times in 1,155 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rburg View Post
There was a time when we trashed others for buying the packages and separating them. These days that might have reversed itself.
I sold a 98% first model Outdoorsman to a "former" buyer here on the forum about 2 years ago. He was a regular purchaser in the For Sale section until Handejector, thankfully, changed the rules about buying and flipping. (I think he was the reason changes were made). He would buy many of the guns posted within minutes of them posting and resale on Gunbroker months later. One of these he sold on GB was the OD I sold him in its 98% original red box. About 6 months ago I was going through GB and came across the gun for auction. He stated the gun came with the original numbered box, but the box in the picture was neither numbered or the original box because I had pics off the box still and it wasn't even close. The box in the auction was probably 60% condition. I emailed him about it and he blamed someone that helped him with auctions for mixing it up, but he never changed the description. Plus he never mentioned the one bad spot on it that kept it from being 100%. So someone paid ALOT of money for a gun with what they were told was the original box but isn't. I have a feeling he still has that original box or sold it separately for big money. He still sells a lot on GB with great feedback so he's doing something right. But I haven't seen him here since the new buying rules went into effect.

Last edited by jsfricks; 03-17-2017 at 03:43 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: