View Single Post

Old 03-17-2017, 04:01 PM

Liked 177 Times in 80 Posts

Like you, I've used the Lee Classic Cast Turret press for a number of years but honestly always primed my cases on the press using their safety prime. Yep, occasionally I've flipped a primer on the floor but it's worked fine for me. For pistol cartridges, I've never seen the sense in primer pocket cleaning, even for bulls-eye loads. I just dry tumble clean my cases and then go to town. My output with the Lee was running around 150-170rd/hr.

I switched to the LnL AP press over a year ago and continue priming on the press without any problems. My output has just about doubled, and I don't have a case or bullet feeder. Just run at a reasonable pace that allows me to "eyeball" the powder charges, and that fifth station gives me room for the powder measure and still seat and crimp separately. The Hornady priming has been bullet-proof for me, once I cleaned off a few burrs on the primer shuttle. The slowest part about using the LnL is having to stop and refill my priming tubes(I'm too cheap to buy more spares I guess).

I'm sure that a Dillon 650 would also do just as well, as long as it's setup properly. FWIW, I didn't even look at the 550; after the LCT, going to a manually indexing setup just seemed like taking a step backwards.