View Single Post

Old 03-17-2017, 04:36 PM

Liked 7,688 Times in 2,113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce5781 View Post
But I digress, what I wanted to show was the EP holster I sometimes use it with. I was wondering if this was what Red was describing. Along with the trigger guard being encircled with leather, it also has an extra piece inside to hold everything tight.

Regards,
Bruce
Yes this is the style that Myres sold as a Threepersons holster for the autos. That piece inside is not for tightness: look again, it holds the mag button off the inside of the holster. In this case it was considered very important because of the coverage created by it being a crossdraw, yet turnerriver has one of the more conventional right side carry with butt forward that includes it, too.

The style is normally found WITHOUT the piece so we can be assured it was not essential to its 'threepersons' function.

I use the identical piece, caught in the holster seam exactly as Myres did, for an entirely different reason and without knowing (then) that Myres had done it: I use it to force the grip outwards from the body. The guard being so thin, and the slide so thick, the natural tendency is for the holster to turn the grip inwards.

How about a view of the back of the holster?

Last edited by rednichols; 03-17-2017 at 04:37 PM.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: