View Single Post

Old 03-17-2017, 07:18 PM

Liked 289 Times in 111 Posts

[QUOTE=
Why do people keep using Frog Lube? I have tried just about everything and now exclusively use Slip 2000.[/QUOTE]

I mainly started using Froglube because I heard so many positive reviews of it. I liked the idea that it had no harsh solvents in it and still protected the firearm from moisture. It did a great job cleaning the gun and generally you could almost get away with just wiping it off after it fired as most crud didn't stick.
Another of the main reasons was because my Arsenal SAM7 AK-47 has a finish that harsh solvents will damage. Froglube doesn't.
Like I mentioned before, in any firearm that I have that is shot fairly regularly, Froglube has worked great. But what recently caused me to have second thoughts is how it gummed up my Springfield TRP after it was cleaned with Froglube and then stored in my safe and not shot for several months. The Froglube solidified and I almost could not rack back the slide it was so bound up.
After that experience I decided to use something else and finally decided on mil-comm products.