View Single Post

Old 03-17-2017, 07:56 PM

Liked 573 Times in 249 Posts

I traded a pretty beat up 5946 for a Gen 2 Glock 19. I noticed the plastic frame rails were cracked or broken off completely in most spots. I emailed Glock and he asked for pics. After the pics he said better send it back.

They got it on March 1st for a cost to me of $19.15. On the 10th I got a call telling me the frame was no good and if I would like they would replace the frame under warranty but I would have a new serial number in addition to 2 different numbers on the slide and original barrel. Or I could pay $180 plus tax for my choice of any 9mm, or 40 glock minus the longslides. I chose the swap and I got it back from them last Thursday. I got a 2012 frame, 2004 slide, and an original 1989 barrel. I also got the old trigger group for who knows why?

I was never the original owner, but was amazed by the customer service I got. I'm sure S&W sees this forum and knows the demand for 3rd gen smiths. I just wish they would all be on the same page when we call looking for parts or whatnot. I have gotten multiple answers to my question in the course of 1hr and several different reps.