View Single Post

Old 03-17-2017, 09:38 PM

Liked 92 Times in 39 Posts
Default M&P Bodyguard FDE 380 Initial Impressions.

Howdy everyone,

I am the new owner of one, as of yesterday. The FDE is very nice looking, and with a DeSantis Soft Tuk, it disappears into my pocket. Two things I am not thrilled about is the Loooooooong trigger pull (and I do mean long), but a kit from Galloway is on its way and should fix that. The other is the factory sights. Black on black, and since its a micro pistol, the sight radius is micro as well. Hard to pick up against a black target at 15 yards. But before I spend the cash on a set of XS Big Dots, I'm gonna try a little yellow paint on the front sight ramp. At the range today I found Federal 95gr FMJ to print all over the place. After 5 mags of that I switched to some Aguila 95gr FMJ I had, and the difference was night and day. This stuff was hitting 100% POA. The first 4 shots tore the center out of the eye. Ran 50 of these and back to the Federal, and it was still all over the paper. Since I have 350 rounds of Ranger-T in this caliber, I hope i can get the little guy to eat it reliably.

One thing I can say about this little micro, is the right ammo makes all the difference. I plan on going back again next week with some different rounds just to test. But I'm not going back until the padded web gel glove I ordered gets here. 100 rounds out of this thing will bet the snot out of the webbing in your strong hand.

All this said, it is an exceptional little pocket gun, and for what I paid for it (almost embarrassed to say) I can drop the Galloway trigger in it and still be under what my LGS wanted for theirs in factory black. Thanks to patience and Gunbroker!

I'd give this little pistol 4 stars for now......give me a padded glove and some decent sight modifications and its a 5 star pistol all day. Good luck with yours!
The Following 2 Users Like Post: