View Single Post

Old 03-17-2017, 09:49 PM

Liked 5,055 Times in 1,639 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by viceunit View Post
I carried a BUG (Model 36) in an ankle holster for years. I had a good quality unit made by a company in Cincinnati OH that is long out of business. It was a nylon type and well padded where it contacted the ankle. It had a secondary support strap that fastened with velcro above the calf. That second strap kept the thing from wanting to slide down to my foot - without that strap I think the holster would have been useless. Had I an air weight gun at the time, it would probably have been more comfortable. To draw the gun, it is necessary to pull up the pant leg from just above the gun to avoid the pant material from bunching up as it would if you grabbed the pants from the cuff. Even with the best draw, there is no way you could draw and fire as quickly as Chris Tucker does in the movie "Rush Hour".
+1. "Top Line Div. of AB Industries" Still have it, still works. Carried a Colt Agent in it. The strap does not secure my 642 properly.

Worn on the inside of the left ankle it was accessible with either hand. When seated or kneeling it was an easy draw. Otherwise more like Hackman in French Connection. They probably went out of business because the darn things never wore out.