View Single Post

Old 03-18-2017, 05:34 AM
Banned

Liked 4,324 Times in 1,793 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyo View Post
Long story and a sore spot with me. Hard as it might be to believe in this current age, I never had an armed bailiff. Not once in 21 years. While we occasionally had an armed police officer in the courtroom in criminal matters, that was not the norm, and we very rarely had even that in civil hearings including divorce trials. Anyone who has spent time in the courts knows those are by far the most dangerous cases. The nearest regular armed help had to come from the detention center across the street, and that was at least 1 minute away. That, my friend, is an eternity! That's why I carried. Bottom line, if something really lethal happened in that courtroom we were on our own. We were lucky, that's all. Apologies for hijacking the thread, just wanted to explain why I grew to like the ankle holster.
Shame you couldn't just set a big, polished stainless-steel N-frame down next to the gavel.

"Listen up--you misbehave once, I tap this hammer. You misbehave again, I go ahead and bang the other one."
The Following User Likes This Post: