View Single Post

Old 03-18-2017, 05:11 PM

Liked 12,802 Times in 4,228 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickd View Post
Other than a brain or heart shot I will bet you the meanest, toughest doped up maniac will be out of the fight with a well placed shot to the pelvis. You break that and you no longer have legs. On top of that the femoral arterys are located there
The only problem with that is immobilization of the attacker's legs with a pelvic shot doesn't prevent him from firing a gun. While it can be an effective target, the context of the situation is important.

I knew a paramedic who told me an interesting story. He said he responded to a call where a guy on PCP was hit by a car while walking. The impact broke his femur. The only thing on the guy's mind was that he couldn't figure out why he couldn't get up and walk away. He had no clue his leg was broken. If such a person were attacking me with a gun, I wouldn't count on a pelvic shot keeping him from shooting at me. If he were attacking me with an impact weapon or knife and his pelvis was the only/best target available, then it could work. Context is important.