View Single Post

Old 03-18-2017, 05:19 PM

Liked 665 Times in 281 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marathonrunner View Post
look at this video of a DD5V1 fail. The person dropped it on the ground and the 4 bolts that attach the free floated handguard shifted and caused the rail to be out of alignment with reciever. There were other problems as well. Good thing I did not buy this rifle. also this rifle had issues with trigger failing to reset. Think I will stick to Windham's, Colts, and believe it or not I love my Sport ii. I would be definitely be bummed out had I spent 3K on a rifle and then find out it had many issues. I am also thankful I was here kicking this question around and pondering before making a rash decision. I understand the vast majority of DD owners are not going to drop their DD on the ground, but you don't see ven rifles like Bushmaster or DPMS doing this stuff. Daniel Defense AR15, 2500 Rds Later: Died in my Arms... - YouTube
The fact that a DDI performed worse in that test than a $500 psa AR says worlds to me about the quality. Some day people will realize more money does not equal more quality

I'll stick to my AKs that are built in military factories with dozens of years of building firearms to survive rather than for profit. Where else can you get a rifle that lasts 50,000+ rounds with only spring changes?
The Following User Likes This Post: