View Single Post

Old 03-18-2017, 06:39 PM
US Veteran
Absent Comrade

Liked 16,154 Times in 7,408 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shouldazagged View Post
Actually the article did mention the L frame. But it foolishly claimed that the K frame guns were "obsolete".

Disabled 1-

Who wrote that article, and where did it appear? One scribe has done a lot of promotional writing for Taurus and another made a statement about their work ethic that I distrust.

Just how disabled are you? Can you still get around at gun shows? You may be able to buy a good used Ruger or S&W for what you paid for this Taurus.

I do agree that a stainless .357 with four-inch barrel is the best all-round handgun, if you have just one.

I'd add a small .38 ASAP, though. Those are the best basic handgun battery, I think.

Based on what I read, Taurus warranty is largely BS. They may take forever to return your only handgun and it may not be fixed right when they do. Resale value is less.

I wish you luck, but feel that you need to examine your gun purchases more carefully. Instead of buying another 76 guns this time, be more discriminating and just buy the good ones that you especially need first. As you are disabled, you probably won't need hunting guns. ??

I just saw your pics of the Taurus. Can you even get to a range and check it out? How disabled are you? If you use Disabled 1 for a board name, that sounds pretty grim. One presumes that you can still safely handle firearms, or you wouldn't have gotten one.

You said you were able to save one knife. What, and why that one? I'd choose a Swiss Army knife, a basic model like the Spartan or Tinker, but if I had just one, might opt for the larger Hunter. I just got one and the defensive advantages over the smaller ones are obvious. And the gutting blade should be a whiz for cutting rope. If I was recovering from a loss as you are, a Buck Model 105 Pathfinder would be my first sheath knife.

Even for a person able to get around in the outdoors, a SAK coupled with that Buck should get you through most knife needs. I'd sure add a Gerber, Buck, or Fiskars hatchet, though. There are some things a knife isn't meant to do. That's why we have axes and saws.

Last edited by Texas Star; 03-18-2017 at 07:51 PM.