View Single Post

Old 03-18-2017, 09:07 PM

Liked 17,102 Times in 6,271 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protected One View Post
That's some surprising results there. My experience has been the same as that of other posters using the 870: 1" per yard expansion, from an 18" barrel.
You are getting ~1/2" per yard. Impressive.
It all depends on the choke. First off the 1" per yard is just wrong. If that were the case you'd have a 25" pattern at 25 yards. My gun, Mossberg 930 SPX with cylinder choke, has about a 10" pattern with Remington Reduced Recoil Buck at 25 yards. And, every gun will be different. So, patterning is important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janman View Post
Has anybody here ever met or heard of someone who was on the receiving end of a load of 00 Buck that survived? If so, did the engagement continue after they were hit?
Yes, I know of at least one survivor.

An internet friend who is a retired police officer tells one story. He was trying to apprehend a suspect who had a 12ga. The guy had just had enough and blasted my friend's partner in the midsection. He said the guy just stood there (didn't fly back like the movies) in shock. They took him to the hospital where he received life saving surgery. Yeah, he lived, but he was very messed up.