View Single Post

Old 03-19-2017, 04:37 AM

Liked 351 Times in 101 Posts
Question To Buy or Not To Buy? 28-2 or 19-4?

Of course I want both but can only afford one at the moment. Sorry I have no photos and no greatly detailed descriptions of either gun but I still would like everyone's thoughts and opinions if possible.
My local gun shop has a nickle 19-4 with a 4" pinned barrel, recessed cylinder, target grips, in very good condition. No damage and looks to have only been fired a handful of times. Comes with box, a S&W leather holster, speed loader, and a box of ammo for $779 (was originally asking $995). Owner says he might come down on the price more but didn't say by how much.
The other gun shop in the town over has a model 28-2 blue that is also pinned and recessed, 6" barrel. Doesn't come with anything and is a little worn at the end of the barrel and a few other corners. They were asking $599 firm.
I do own one model 19-4 and would not mind owning more, at the same time I do not own a model 28 and wouldn't mind one of those either. Are either of these set at decent prices? I usually only buy rough looking guns (tend to like those more) so not too sure what these nicer ones are going for now. My other questions is, if I do get the 19 it will be my first nickle gun. How hard is nickle to maintain compared to blue?