View Single Post

Old 03-19-2017, 09:02 AM

Liked 70 Times in 27 Posts

[QUOTE=Allen-frame;776489],Ultimate Highway Patrolman Thread After searching for, and reading almost every Highway Patrolman thread,(there are currently 24 pages when using the search function). I found myself longing for a thread where one could go for all things H.P.

This thread would ideally include serial number ranges, pictures of members guns,including Ser.#s(excluding digits
as preferred) , any info received in letters , and, of course, plenty of opinions.

Kind of a Highway Partolman database, where newbies and all could be directed to, to answer questions.

April, 1954, Highway Patrolman introduced, Ser.# S103500
,8,427 produced in 1954,

Sometime,late 1956 to 1957 the upper sideplate screw deleted at approx. Ser.# S171584 (earlier 4 screw N frames have been noted,but this is generally conceded to be the dividing line.)_ Al

The time between when the upper sideplate screw was deleted and the model number was stamped is when the
4 screw non-model marked N frames were produced. By my estimate, there were approximately 11,000 n.m.m. 4 screws
produced throughout the various models including ,,357 Magnum ,Highway Patrolman ,38/44 Heavy Duty ,44 hand ejector ,1950 Target models , and 1955 Target models. ,How many of these were Highway Patrolman , who only knows.
But do keep your eye out for this scarce variation and let us know whenever you find one

I may have a pre model 28 4-screw that you mention. Actually "did" have but I gave it to one of my sons a couple of years ago for Christmas. I will get him to verify the SN and that it is a 4-screw and get back to you today.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: