View Single Post

Old 03-19-2017, 10:34 AM

Liked 5,209 Times in 2,174 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arik View Post
This maybe an issue in some guns but nothing I own has this problem. All mags are loaded to capacity and inserted on a closed slide. I've never heard of any instructor telling students to download by one and I've never seen this issue in any of the courses I've taken.

The guns i own are Glocks, Sigs, HKs and one 1911. Not counting the 1911 all others I have come in both double and single stack mags.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I don't tell students to download as part of the pistol course, but I do deal on a case-by-case basis with the student who wants to load +1 during range drills (wastes too much time), or who says he can't get the magazine in. The smaller the gun and the shorter the magazine, the more likely the new owner will have trouble loading it full. Also, unused "Limited capacity" mags to meet some other state's law can be tough for the last round. OK has no mag laws, but some people buy the PC mags.
You're right, its not a gun failure, it is a training problem with the owner. Remember, I specialize in teaching first-time courses to the newby using the gun he actually wants to carry, not the gun enthusiast taking his third course with his well-used FS M&P, so I would likely never see you in class. In an OK carry class where everyone has to shoot, the experienced shooters are done in seconds, and the new shooter may take 10 minutes with help and coaching to safely get 20 shots on paper.

Last edited by OKFC05; 03-19-2017 at 10:48 AM.