View Single Post

Old 03-19-2017, 12:39 PM

Liked 548 Times in 311 Posts

I have read Cunningham's "Defensive Pistol" and thought it was a good instructional book. I read it from the standpoint of a former LE instructor, and there was nothing dangerous or contradictory that I noticed. I would prefer a new shooter and especially a new CCW practitioner at least read his book rather than nothing at all. Might inspire someone to pursue further study.

I have not read Cunningham's book on revolvers (nor Lovette's) as of yet. I won't dismiss them because I recall from Cunningham's bio, that he's trained with some good people in the discipline. My revolver training came from the Border Patrol Academy in 1990, and it seems to have been pretty thorough (I've also read Jordan' "No Second Place Winner"). While they are considered pretty simple to operate, there as many skills unique to a revolver that must me mastered to operate one competently as there are with a semi. Revolvers aren't as simple as "loading up and placing on the night stand or or dropping in your pocket...".