View Single Post

Old 03-19-2017, 02:33 PM

Liked 1,534 Times in 588 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by XAVMECH View Post
Thank you for this comprehensive reference for our 3rd GEN pistols. Here's a photo of my old RECON 45. I acquired it - no box or paper awhile back. This RECON however, appears to differ from the three on your list and you may want to include it - OR perhaps some of our other, more informed members can chime in as to its place on this list. I don't think I've seen one with a ported barrel shown in any of the pictures of this variant. Comments welcome. BTW, I shoot this old pistol frequently and it is accurate - beautiful trigger, too. Decock only, contrast sights, and had the Hogue grips on it when I got it. Of my eight 3rd GEN pistols, I'd have to say this is a favorite - the effort that the Performance Center folks put into this gun are apparent in the way it handles. It is truly one of those pistols where the extra attention to detail is truly transparent.
Not necessarily pretty - but darn sure functional.
Are you mistaking it for a CQB? Some Recon 45s were stainless, some were black, some came with a knife some didn't but all of them came with the ported barrel and the bulky wrap around hogue rubber grips.