View Single Post

Old 03-19-2017, 05:18 PM

Liked 325 Times in 193 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversnake View Post
I think he makes good points in this video. I do carry a .45 sometimes, when I carry a 1911. But in more modern platforms I prefer other calibers.

.45 ACP means less capacity and higher cost than 9mm in a semiauto and still can't match the power of 10mm or magnum cartridges in a revolver.
When I heard about Smith & Wesson putting out a 45 ACP Shield for sale, I thought no way. I had no interest whatsoever. I already had the 9mm Shield, while comparing their new 45, to 1911s & my Springfield 5.25" XDM 45 in my mind.

I figured the accuracy, wouldn't be there, and the recoil would be too much. After reading numerous positive reports for the 45 Shield, I picked one up. First day I had it at the range, I was amazed. Great accuracy, and recoil that wasn't much more than the 9mm. That was six months ago.

Today, I still feel the same! Shot it, along with my 9mm & Ruger 380 LCP. In reality, the 45 Shield isn't that much worse recoil wise, than that teeny wimpy LCP. It's still amazingly accurate too!

I grew up with revolvers (357 & 44 mag), but this 45 will remain my carry weapon. It's not that much larger or heavier than the 9mm Shield. I'll never plan to haul a 1911 around, for a CC.

I don't mind some of Yankee Marshall videos. I've seen a lot of them. Of course, this one, I didn't agree.

P.S. --- I reload 45's by the thousands. Cost is almost a non event. Same for 38 Special, 357 & 44 mag.

Last edited by LAA; 03-19-2017 at 05:22 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: