Thread: Car Gun
View Single Post

Old 03-19-2017, 05:42 PM
US Veteran

Liked 418 Times in 114 Posts

This is a thread that has certainly wandered from a truck gun to wandering youth. I will wander a bit as well. No intent to minimize the great post by rburg... as a Kentucky hiker myself now, I loved your post!!

I was a "military brat" father in the AF I grew up all over the place. My 12-13 was spent on Guam in the late 1950's. What a great place for adventures! Lots of debris from WWII still around. 2 Old Shermans in front of a bar in Yigo, In Tumon a Japanese light tank was still in a rusting pile beside a movie theater. Lots of pill boxes to explore and dig in. I still have several shell casings I found from the time. North field had been abandoned by the AF (in favor of Anderson AFB) so it was full of places and old "dumps" to explore. There was a junk yard we would sneak into that had huge metal tubs full of 50 cal bullets, trailers full of field radios, and other delights for the young that did not know any better. It was the a great place to explore, went back in the late 1960's in the AF myself, by that time it was well on the way to a more civilized place. Great adventures...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1970[1].jpg (93.0 KB, 55 views)
The Following 6 Users Like Post: