View Single Post

Old 03-19-2017, 06:13 PM

Liked 679 Times in 313 Posts

I couldn't care less about the click & I've never understood why it'd be such an issue.
Thanks for the comments.

I'm also in a different category on the actual re-set length, too.
I shoot a number of different handgun types each year, and I'm what you'd probably call a "slapper".

I don't work with any one gun exclusively to the point where a super-short re-set becomes so ingrained in my finger that I'm likely to bind up the trigger on a different gun in short-stroking that gun's re-set.

I just let my finger go far enough forward on everything to be SURE I've got a re-set, which means I'm slapping the shorter re-sets on some but ensuring a full re-set on others.

There were some Internet claims of the new Colt Cobra "locking up" at the industry SHOT Show's Shooting Day back in January.
Turns out the samples apparently didn't actually lock up, it was more a matter of semantics.

Shooters used to short-re-set pistols were not letting the DA trigger completely re-set in full-length travel before trying to shoot follow-up shots, and that obviously "bound up" the trigger temporarily, it didn't "lock up" the trigger.

My regular carry is an M&P, switching to the better 2.0, as I've mentioned elsewhere.

I won't center my entire shooting world on that short re-set, and teach my finger to shoot it exclusively with that re-set.

During the year, I know I'll be firing revolvers & other pistols with different re-sets as part of my job, and out in the wilds I'll almost certainly be carrying a DA magnum revolver of some sort for personal use.

I don't want the M&P to cause me to bind up a revolver if I need a couple quick follow-ups on large critters.

So I'll keep on slappin'.
Got the official "I'ma Slapper!" T-Shirt ordered.
Denis