Thread: Pulling bullets
View Single Post

Old 03-19-2017, 09:37 PM

Liked 658 Times in 186 Posts
Default Finished

Finished the 1,000 bullets today. Just dumped all the blue dot into a can and used it to fertilize some rose bushes.

A couple of interesting things happened. On about 10 cases, there were 10-15 grains of rice included in the loads. Guess the guy who reloaded them used that to fill the case for the powder position sensitivity issue, however
such a small quantity of rice along with 9 gr. of blue dot barely filled half the case.

Also, since I had to really smack the inertia hammer to pull the bullets,
had quite a few hit the bottom of the hammer and come back up and slightly lodge in the now empty case. Shaved lead off of a few bullets.

Going to be using the bullets for close in target shooting, so will just have to write off some accuracy due to bullet variations / shaved sides.

Glad to be done. Had blue dot all over my garage floor for the last few weeks, as the inertia puller has gaps around the bullets that the powder always finds its way through.

1,000 free primed .45 colt cases roughly 75% new starline and the same amount of bullets. Add 10 gr power pistol (turned out the bullets were 200 gr) and I have a box of 50 loaded rounds for less than a buck fifty.