View Single Post

Old 03-19-2017, 09:44 PM

Liked 50 Times in 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredj338 View Post
Ok, i know you are a new guy, but news flash, reloading can be dangerous. Use the equip as designed, not likely to have an issue. You can what if it to death, but i dont wear a seatbelt & helmet when i drive. Respect the process but don't fear it. Generally, stupid people have accidents because they dont follow the rules & rush the process.
I know reloading can dangerous but I don’t fear it at all. I do, however, respect it and have been enjoying it as a hobby since 1970. Knock on wood, I have never produced a bad load or had a safety problem. Safety is always first.

Your right about the human element being the major variable. Reloading requires concentration to be safe. You should make sure you are not preoccupied or in a hurry and your equipment is maintained and safety systems on the equipment is not disabled or bypassed when reloading. At the very least, always wear safety glasses when reloading and shooting.

Oh by the way, please wear seat belts when you drive. They are there for your safety and in most states it's against the law to drive without them. A helmet is optional.

Last edited by cds43016; 03-19-2017 at 09:58 PM.