View Single Post

Old 03-20-2017, 12:06 AM

Liked 3,829 Times in 851 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&W Fan View Post
I've gathered through reading of other's that have Jovino conversions that now the shop is unable/unwilling to help track down the history of possible conversions. I believe Behlert put some kind of marking on theirs to show they did the work, I haven't located any markings outside of the traditional forging numbers though I only took a quick peek at the grip frame when I swapped the grips. I'll do that later.

Doesn't look like I can get to the range today, babysitting for the 3 year old will take up most/all of the day-it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make

I'm unsure if it's worth lettering to see if it shipped to the Jovino shop, if any of you have other suggestions on tracking it down I'm listening.

Have a great day.
Jovino's has never been able to provide any records on their conversions. Also, any Behlert guns that were marked are signed on the barrel but I've only seen a couple of his revolvers that were. With the exception of the Jovino "Effector" guns and Mag-na-port's work, very few of the N frame snubby conversions are marked in any way. It makes identifying the gunsmiths responsible for the work almost impossible without original invoices and it often comes down to the story that comes with the gun.