View Single Post

Old 03-20-2017, 07:23 AM

Liked 12,658 Times in 3,372 Posts

I'm in agreement that if you're going to conceal, and prefer an IWB holster, a pancake design is a better choice, particularly with a comparatively heavy snub nose like a 2.5" K frame Model 66.

----

My preference however is to use a well designed IWB holster and a suitably stiff two thickness stitched leather carry belt. It has a much lower profile, is much more secure when running, etc. and in general is more comfortable.

Below is a Wild Bill's Concealment Covert Carry. It uses an offset clip that keeps the profile thin, which avoids the major problem of a thick profile with IWB carry with a K-frame. The offset clip also helps keep the butt tucked in tight to your body.

The design is also tuckable, allowing your shirt to be tucked between clip and holster if you don't have the option of a cover garment.

They are undyed, natural leather which eliminates any color transfer to your clothing, and the need for any waxing by the user, but over time they take on a darker tan color:

WBC also sells a slip over speed loader carrier that lets you carry it with 2 or 3 rounds inside your belt for a slimmer profile. It works very well carried just in front of the holster.

I've used one for Model 60s and another for my Model 13, Model 66, and 686+.

Last edited by BB57; 03-20-2017 at 07:26 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: