View Single Post

Old 03-20-2017, 10:05 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 9,962 Times in 3,661 Posts

It occurs to me those who have experienced unsatisfactory results from Fords have made an unwise detour along the way----cost consideration--and its inevitable consequences. Without belaboring the point unnecessarily, you get what you are willing to pay for.

It puts me in mind mind of my favorite engine builder during my somewhat adventurous youth. A very prominent sign in the shop area went something like this: SPEED COSTS MONEY---HOW FAST DO YOU WANT TO GO? (Actually it didn't go something like that, it went EXACTLY like that-----an object lesson for those at the back of the pack.)

And to definitely belabor the point, "You get what you pay for."

And to belabor another point, whoever opined the best way to make a silk purse from a sow's ear is to first sell the sow's ear, then save up the necessary extra funds to buy the silk purse is right on target-----works every time.

Ralph Tremaine

As an aside, I have never had a gun refinished by Fords (or anybody else besides two from the factory). I have seen several from Fords---both blue ("Master Blue") and nickel. They were, without exception, flawless. Some of those had been EXTENSIVELY "restored"----which is to say both some lettering AND the S&W logo had been re cut---flawlessly.

Last edited by rct269; 03-20-2017 at 10:36 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: