View Single Post

Old 03-20-2017, 10:19 AM

Liked 993 Times in 378 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
While I like the feel and slimness of the PPK or the PPK/S, I find them heavy for what they offer, and never found one 100% reliable. It seems that it made no difference if it was an older German made, S&W, Manurhin or an Interarms, they all jammed, even with ball.
I would take the 60 all day long, stuffed with Buffalo Bore 158 grain LCWCHP +P's.
I agree! Five years ago I traded straight up, with another forum member here, my SS Interarms PPK for a pristine M60 no dash. I think I got the better of the deal. For it's size, I found the PPK to be heavy. The design of the PP series has withstood the test of time, but now it seems a bit dated, with better offerings in the marketplace in 380ACP. Not to mention, I really don't like my pinky hanging off the end of the grip. I prefer the grip on the PPK/S better. At least with the M60, or any J frame for that matter you can change grip sizes and material easily.

Now, if you're talking new guns. The current M60 in either barrel length will bring 357magnum into the mix. That caliber outclasses the 380ACP in any form, but you're gonna know you've got a tiger by the tail when you shoot it.