View Single Post

Old 03-20-2017, 10:38 AM

Liked 594 Times in 251 Posts

I finally ordered the kit- Ironically, I bought it off ebay, and the guys shipping status never updated, so I got a refund, and oredered directly from Apex, and the original order showed up the same day as the Apex one, so I have 2 kits... Anyway, it took me about 30 minutes to install it between giving my 2 kids showers and watching tv in bed with my wife. Easy to install the kit, and the only reason the trigger pivot would walk out is if the slide release isn't sitting in the groove on the trigger pin.

I opted to replace all the springs including the striker spring, and I kept the factory trigger for now. Knowing how easy this was, I can always add the Apex trigger later. I have not fired it yet, but I will say I like the new feel of the trigger - it feels about 1/2 lb heavier than my Ruger LC9S which has a great trigger. it still has the gritty resistance feel to it, but I am ok with that and the travel for now, it breaks much more cleanly and resets crisply so I think I am good with it- we will see after I shoot a couple hundred rounds through it though.

The funny thing is, Apex claims it drops 2 lbs off the trigger pull over factory, but I think that is based on the lighter non-Mass compliant triggers, because this feels to me more like a 6lb or 5.5lb trigger now versus the 8-8.5 that I would expect from a 2lb drop... Whatever the case, the trigger return spring was the noticeable difference in tention when I changed it, and I cannot wait to go to the range this weekend and shoot it!! I will update how it feels after my range report.

I was pulling it horribly before I changed the springs, to the point at 25 feet I was missing a 11x18 target entirely- and I am a decent shot with other handguns I have.