View Single Post

Old 03-20-2017, 10:56 AM

Liked 5,312 Times in 1,872 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoger View Post
1st test shooting done

1) It's plenty accurate
2) The 'smith went overboard on tuning the DA trigger. I need to learn how to put some more tension on the trigger spring, or change to a different one. It's a GREAT trigger, though, if it'd only always set off the primer when shooting DA. About 10% failure on reloads with Federal primers, 30% failure on factory Fiocchi
3) I suspect the 'smith left the 19 sight on the frame, and I sure hope this sight is taller than the '16, cause the sight is all the way to the bottom, and I'm still high with my standard loads.

I'll break out the micrometer & screwdrivers later, 400 rounds off hand is hard on the back.

All in all - very happy with the gun, looking forward to ironing out the glitches & get started for real
Shooting high, eh? I have a recently purchased 16-4 that behaves the same way. Thought it was the shooter, but my buddy has the same result. He's way better than me, so I know it's the gun. I need to install a taller front sight. Should be simple enough, since they're pinned in place. I suspect you have the same issue.

Edited to add one more thought: The high impact happens with all the loads I've tried. Doesn't matter if they're fast light bullets, slow heavy bullets, or 32 S&W.

Last edited by Krogen; 03-20-2017 at 10:58 AM.