View Single Post

Old 03-20-2017, 11:42 AM

Liked 993 Times in 378 Posts
Default Minimum trigger pull weights

I know we're not supposed to get into politics here, but this just can't go unsaid. I'm concerned about someone being fooled into thinking something that might be false.

So, let me get this straight, in MA, the state mandates minimum trigger pull weight on all new firearms? Just autoloaders? How about revolvers or rifles? Target guns? But, the user can then LEGALLY change the trigger pull weight to anything they wish (as long as it's technologically possible). Or is it a case of "what the state doesn't know won't hurt 'em". If legal, can a MA gunsmith do the same?

I don't want to incriminate anybody here, so if this whole thing is questionable, and you've done these kinds of mods in MA, don't reply to this post. Unless, of course, you wish to. If you simply just know the answers to these questions, please DO reply.

Seems to me, if this whole concept is legally questionable, with Maura Healey as AG in MA, a defensive shooting in MA, with one of these lightened triggers, would turn into a case of the victim turning into a more villainous criminal than the original criminal.

Of course, if you're just expressing civil disobedience, more power to ya. About time MA got a few nads back. "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson