View Single Post

Old 03-20-2017, 12:45 PM
US Veteran

Liked 163 Times in 27 Posts

I have a pre-war KCPD non-registered Magnum from 1940. It was ruined when I found it from a previous re-blue and awful trigger job that left the gun with "push-off" and some other issues that made it unsafe to shoot. It was for all intents and purposes headed for the scrap yard. There are also only 1100 or so of them and that means very few are left. There is a difference between a "re-blue" and a restoration to factory condition. I opted to go for a full restoration to as nice a condition as possible.

I sent it off to Dave Chiccone, Old West Gunsmiths. He has since died and I think the company is out of business. He did a beautiful job with the gun and it looks like it did the day it left the factory. I replaced the Hogue grip with a proper set of Keith Brown stocks with original prewar medallions.

According to some folks here, I'm sure it is all but worthless, especially if they are offering to buy it. But, it is now alive and fully functional and back in it's original shape. I look at it as money well spent to save a piece of history.

The choice is up to you. If it is from the Custer battlefield or once owned by J.Edgar Hoover, then you might want to leave it in original condition. I made my choice based on the condition and history of the gun and it was worth it to me to save this gun from the scrap heap.

Last edited by lonegunman762x51; 03-20-2017 at 12:47 PM.
The Following 5 Users Like Post: