View Single Post

Old 03-20-2017, 04:58 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 2,549 Times in 1,145 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIDE-RED 350r View Post
So the thread about the gent who found a snubby 28-2 re-chambered to 44spl has sparked some thought for me, particularly the post in that thread about one that was chambered to 41 mag. It got me thinking and I didn't want to jack his thread so here is my own...

I have a 6" 28-2 in excellent condition that I paid $475 plus sales tax for about 4 years ago or so. It's a very accurate shooter to boot.

Basically I am wondering about this idea of re-chambering... I'm not into my revolvers as an investment persay, but I don't want to make any of them worthless. Are there shops out there that can do a job like this that doesn't diminish the value of the revolver?? I'm thinking like Turnbull, their work does not diminish the value on anything they touch. Just as important, I would want some level of assurance that it will still shoot well. I don't want something I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn from inside the barn with.

I have been wanting a 41mag but I have had to spend extra money on other things lately. I would still like to get my mitts on a 6" m57 though regardless if I convert my 28-2 or not.

What are your thoughts?

Here is my m28.
I'll offer you $500 to make you whole again on your 28-2 and start you toward your M-57, because I'm that kind of guy!
The Following User Likes This Post: