View Single Post

Old 03-20-2017, 06:47 PM

Liked 4,294 Times in 1,610 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeet 028 View Post
I like the coffee cans too. I have about 30 or so full of brass..mostly 45 223 and 308 Surplus. Most of the 38 Sp brass is in 50 cal ammo cans except 9mm is in those 4 or 5 gal tubs with a snap on lid you can get at Wally World. I don't load much 9mm. I also went into Harbor Freight to get something one day and they had the ersatz 30 cal ammo cans on sale for 3 bucks. I bought 15 and put individual calibers in them of the ones I have the least brass. 22 H 221FB 222 32H&R 327 Fed 357 mag...etc I even have one full of 44 Russian.. One day soon I am going to get ambitious and clean all that brass. All that need it that is. I tried an experiment one time using a 1/2 coffee can of brass and filling it to 3/4s full of walnut shell media. Put it on one of the rolling tumblers and running it for an hour or two. Worked ok...but it needed a piece or two of duct tape.. Ask me how I know.
x3 on the coffee cans for all the same reasons. In addition, I use different colored cans for different stages of storage.
Red are for cleaned /RFI brass.
Green are for surplus brass that is not RFI and held in reserve.
Blue are for dirty brass waiting for processing.

Besides, my dogs would weight 600# each if I had to empty enough scooby snack jars to hold all my brass. :-)