View Single Post

Old 03-21-2017, 01:50 PM
US Veteran
Absent Comrade

Liked 16,154 Times in 7,408 Posts

An artcle by a German, in Guns and Ammo, noted that in German police records, the PP and PPK jammed an average of once in 50 rounds. I find that unacceptable.

I had a prewar PP that was very accurate, but jammed too often. I sold it and got a Beretta M-34 for that role. The Beretta was fully reliable and would easily stay on the chest area of a human target at 25 yards. Had the very hard trigger pull been better, it'd have shot a third better, I think.

Ayoob shot a number of pigs in a slaughter house, using an S&W .38 snub and a .380. The lead SWCHP Plus P .38 round was much more effective in head shots on those pigs.

I prefer the S&W M-60 and consider the M-60-7 the ultimate in the series. I think it should be the basic small revolver in a defensive battery. That said, I feel the M-60-4 with three-inch full lug barrel and target sights is the ultimate small trail .38.

I dislike hammerless revolvers, and just put my thumb on the hammer as I draw. Never a problem. If the gun is in a conventional belt holster, also never an issue.

I like being able to cock the hammer for longer range shots.

Last edited by Texas Star; 03-21-2017 at 02:08 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: