View Single Post

Old 03-22-2017, 03:34 PM
US Veteran

Liked 5,703 Times in 1,409 Posts

hello forum;

just weighing in with my 2 cents. I live in Virginia....a "shall issue" state, and yes...to my knowledge we are also a "shall inform" state. I believe (like some of the above posters) that it comes down to attitude and courtesy toward any LEO that I run across no matter (to me) whether right or wrong on my part.

Of course having a daughter who is North Carolina State LEO adjusts my own attitude and outlook on her life too.

One other thing I feel that I have to do for my family, and the extended family. I've got 9 kids, several sets of their spouses and 10 grandkids so many years ago I printed up a little piece of paper and stuck it in the folder with Registration and Insurance Card, that lists their names and Drivers License numbers and giving permission to operate my VA registered Dodge pickup, along with a statement that "there are no concealed firearms or ammunition within this vehicle while being operated by any of the above individuals". The reason is simply that in VA they do have the permit right along with DL in the computer and like said before.....they know at least the registered owner may be carrying before they ever step out of the patrol car.

So far......a couple of stops for whatever reasons, and no issues when they show the paper with their license and my registration. Local LEO's have even commented that "Dad got it right", and let them go on their way.
SWCA#3083, SWHF#570
The Following User Likes This Post: