View Single Post

Old 03-22-2017, 10:58 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default New member getting a new 627 PRO with some questions

Greetings everyone from the left coast I am proud to say that I finally pulled the trigger on a Performance Center Pro Series 627 178014. I have been eye balling it online for along time and I figured I should buy before its off the stupid approved handgun roster in Comiefornia.

It is the first Smith I have bought myself but I own a 28-2 with original box and price tag( to bad they do not still cost $179) and a model 29 classic both inherited from my grandfather.

Anyway I have a couple questions about my new purchase.Is the pistol round or square butt I love nice wood grips so i plan on replacing the rubber grips it comes with. I have been looking at Badger and Altamont grips any other suggestions for a source of nice wood grips ?

Last question is this pistol says interchangeable front sight that is the DX style correct? I would like to put on a fiber optic front sight will these work and what is the correct height ?
HIVIZ(R) Shooting Systems | Manufacturing high quality firearm fiber optic and tritium sights >> Front Sight for S&W Revolver with DX style Interchangeable Sight

Thanks for any help with my questions.

Last edited by S&WNoob; 03-22-2017 at 11:04 PM.