View Single Post

Old 03-23-2017, 06:33 AM

Liked 1,182 Times in 374 Posts
Default The Advantages of a Snubby ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jingles View Post
I'm a big guy and find a 3" more uncomfortable to carry than a 2". That extra inch seems to make a big difference when sitting, interfering with seat belts, etc. I settled on a 640 Pro because it is easy to conceal, handles .357 (though I rarely shoot them) and has outstanding sights. The sites are the best I have found on a fixed sight gun and makes the gun very accurate. Barrel is only 2.125" but gets the job done.
Although I like the concept of a 3" barrel for it's ballistic and sight radius benefits, the 2" is more comfortable in my preferred mode of carry which is AISW.

While my 360PD's super light weight make it a joy to carry, even when strapped to my ankle, that light weight makes it a literal pain to shoot, especially when running magnum loads in it.

For this reason I bought a 340 Pro Series to shoot, being an all steel gun, the extra weight (10 ounces) translates into a firearm that is pleasant to shoot in comparison to the 360.

I'll also chime in on the excellence of the night sights provided with the 340 Pro Series. At nearly 4' from the front sight to the Tritium rear's it offers nearly an inch more radius than the 360.

This extra inch contributes greatly to get the sight picture on target and hold it there. As far as adjustability they are drift adjustable. With a quality sight pusher this is a one time adjustment and once the weapon shoots point of aim no more adjustments are needed. Mine needed no adjustment as it shot point of aim out of the box.

Round selection determines elevation so finding a bullet that shoots to point of aim is a matter of trial by fire. Lighter bullets seem to shoot lower than heavier rounds. You need to find the right combination of bullet weight and ammo manufacturer that brings the point of impact to point of aim.

With the 360 I've added CT laser grips that effectively make sight radius unimportant and also has an air pocket over the backstrap that greatly reduces felt recoil.

As to the muzzle bast with snubby revolvers I consider that part of the "shock and awe" that can end a fight even without any hits. Touching off a snubby, especially shooting magnum loads, is the equivalent of tossing a flash bang into a room.

digiroc

Last edited by digiroc; 03-23-2017 at 06:50 AM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: