View Single Post

Old 03-23-2017, 02:19 PM

Liked 5,296 Times in 1,736 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB57 View Post

That lead at the shooter end of the range is a problem, particularly when you have to rely on forced air ventilation to draw the contaminants downrange. That lead in the air isn't clearing any faster than the smoke from the lube.

For the occasional customer it may not be a problem, for it can be a big deal for a range staff and the range officers that end up having to have blood tests for lead levels every six months or so.
Before I retired and at the old indoor range, someone from CalOSHA came by and said we had high lead levels. No tests, but just the opinion of the CalOSHA guy. Three of us had to have our blood drawn for lead tests. The results; the other two had no detectable levels of lead, and I was just a hair above the limit of detection and nowhere near a level that would be of any concern. Since Vitamin C is known to help remove heavy metals form our systems, I suggested that the Department supply us with copious amounts of fresh orange juice every morning. My suggestion, as with most of my suggestions, was ignored.
The Following User Likes This Post: