View Single Post

Old 03-24-2017, 12:25 AM

Liked 1,134 Times in 521 Posts
Cool

You probably could use the similar Glock part in your SD9VE. It might work. (I posted, in response to a similar thread back on 02-07-2016, that a Glock 19 spring might work. I'm not sure that is a good idea now. Read on...).

As Greg Ellifritz (shooting instructor) pointed out in a blog posting in 2015, this is a part that fails often on Glocks. And when it fails, Glock says it was because the spring is not fitted in the slot properly. The worst part is, when it fails, the slide launches off the front of the pistol, and everyone on the range goes into shock and then starts laughing. If you are lucking enough to be on the range. If you are defending your castle, you are left with half a gun.

I recommend you call S&W and ask them to send you the part you need, or send them a letter and ask for it. The letter is good, because you can include a copy of the schematic and circle the part you need.

They should send you the part for free. They might send you a UPS label to send the pistol back to them for repair. If they do, don't send the "enhanced" slide stop with it, only the original part.

I would not recommend sending them an email asking for the part; there are a lot of posts in the forum about S&W failing to respond to emails.

You may have to wait a week or two for the part, but your pistol will be more reliable with the S&W OEM part.

Last edited by S&W Rover; 03-24-2017 at 01:06 AM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: