View Single Post

Old 03-24-2017, 09:55 PM

Liked 1,574 Times in 578 Posts

Almost every thing I have is a shooter. So, yes, I shoot all of the guns I carry.
Sad thing about getting older is that long-time friends die off. Damn inconsiderate, if you ask me, but I'll get back at 'em before too long.

An ever-changing group of us needed ways to get out of the house after retiring - REAL retiring, so we'd have "A Day At The Range" about once a month in warm weather. Whoever agreed to bring snacks got to call the day. "1911 Day." "Glock Day." "Sig Day." "Caliber Day." - meaning .45ACP, 9mm, etc. Revolvers were usually broken down by caliber, too. If anyone did not have something that fit the theme, someone else would loan one. Or, run-what-you-brung.

It was all men, most of the time, but a retired lady deputy would come occasionally, as would a lawyer I taught to shoot some 20 years ago. She isn't retired, yet, but we let her come anyway. IF she brought the snacks. Which she always did, usually chocolate chip cookies she made. What she could do with a Glock 19 was purely embarrassing to *some* of us.

Not so many of us left, now, and some have moved to calmer settings. For a few years some of us went to Decatur IL to smuggle an old colleague out of a Lutheran Nursing Home where they thoughtlessly wouldn't let him keep his Sigs. Out to a friend's private property for shooting followed by cognac, and he was content. Without asking permission he departed 10 years ago. Top o' my list for revenge.

So, short answer, anything that goes on my person gets worked out at the range.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: