View Single Post

Old 03-25-2017, 05:29 AM

Liked 1,364 Times in 560 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macadamia View Post
I'm going to order some Frog Lube based on recommendations here. I'm currently using Hoppe's solvent and oil. I'm almost out of the oil because the guy who showed me how to clean my new gun the day I bought it cut the opening of the tube too big and it has mostly leaked out (I keep it in a zip-lock baggie).

I'm going to give it a try.
You sacrifice things when you pick an 'all in one' product. Which it seems what FrogLube is, and many other products.

I like to keep my solvent, a solvent only, and my lube, a lube only. Lube will naturally protect and a lot of companies like to advertise it will 'clean' but it really just cuts down on the time. I use Hoppes9 for solvent and Slip2000 EWL30 for lube inside my revolvers. The EWL30 is 30 weight viscosity and doesn't run or seep out. Apply to all friction points inside and other key places not inside. For the outside I coat with RenWax and buff off. Protects against fingerprints and water and there is no 'oil' to interact with because it's stuck inside. Oh, and the EWL30 won't shoot dry or burn off, and lasts a very long time in between applications.

Last edited by iPac; 03-25-2017 at 05:31 AM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: