View Single Post

Old 03-25-2017, 06:58 PM

Liked 4,871 Times in 1,396 Posts

Okay, looking at all of those beautiful 1911's made me raid the safe for a photo op.

From the top left; Series 70 GM in 9mm, Series 70 Gold Cup .45, pre series 70, "C" prefix GM with Black Tea finish and VZ Aliens, Series 80 Officer's mod, stainless, w/sambar stag grips (my EDC), Remington Rand early 43', above it a pre series 70 GM in .38 Super.

From the top right down: Series 80 Stainless Combat Commander, .45 wearing VZ Operators, a Delta Elite in "gunmetal gray" with Novak Night Sights and VZ Operators and last but, not least an Ed Brown, Executive Elite wearing VZ Aliens.

The "C" prefix GM was acquired from the estate of a bullseye, three gun shooter. It had already been modified for an adjustable Micro rear sight and retained about 70% of its original finish. This was the first firearm that I had ever sent off to be refinished. I spoke directly with Mr. Birdsong, at the time, and selected his wonderful finish. 4,000 plus rounds later, it barely shows any wear.

The Delta Elite was a pawn shop rescue and had blue loss and slight pitting on the front of the slide. This was the second firearm that I have ever had refinished and I added he MHS with the lanyard loop. It is my bedside firearm.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9-1911.jpg (144.1 KB, 46 views)

Last edited by jdlii; 03-25-2017 at 09:39 PM.
The Following 7 Users Like Post: