View Single Post

Old 03-26-2017, 06:22 PM

Liked 803 Times in 419 Posts
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallyL View Post
Thank you....if I cock the pistol and lightly brush against the trigger--the hammer drops. The firing pin does not protrude from the FP hole as it is blocked by the hammer block. It will function normally double action. I think I best send it to S & W and have them repair it. Once again I am the original owner and I have never tinkered with it or changed any parts. My biggest mistake was not getting a Ruger Redhawk.
No doubt you're disappointed, but I bought a new Stainless Super Blackhawk that NO-body could hit the broadside of a barn with. A friend who is an experienced hand loader bought it, certain that he could work up a great load? no luck

Send your Smith back to the factory, they will make it right and yes like most company's Smith is not the company they were, but they still make a very fine weapon.

I've shot numerous Redhawks, while rugged built, they look a little rugged, you bought the right gun to start with. Nothing else is a Smith and Wesson, and that's the main reason they are still here in this very difficult, litigious market!
The Following 2 Users Like Post: